VisaWays Personalization Indian Flag
  Visa Consulting Services, Chennai Home | FAQ | Contact Us 
Why VisaWays
Services We Offer
Advantage VisaWays
US Consulate

Student Visas

Student visas are issued for the period it takes the visitor to complete his/her course of study, program or work assignment. Non-immigrant student visas can be categorised as F-1 visa and J-1 visa.

F-1 Visa (Academic or Language Students)

F1 visa is for students qualified to attend full time college, university etc. in the United States. In order to be qualifyed for getting an F1, you must be accepted by an recognised university in a full time capacity. You must also prove the sufficient financial support during this stay in United States. Except for the training required by the course an F-1 holder cannot work.

F-1 Visa Eligibility

Foreign nationals qualified to attend a full course of study at colleges, universities, conservatories, or academic high schools in the U.S.

Foreign nationals coming to attend a full course at U.S. institutions with language training programs

Facts About F-1 Visas Process:

Visa will be issued for the duration mentioned on your form I-20. (In practice most students get five-year visas irrespective of the duration mentioned on the I-20)

If you are refused a visa, you can apply again and again. There is no limit to the number of times you can apply for a visa. Having relatives or family in the US does not disqualify you for a US visa.

Consulate verification:

US implemented the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System, known as the SEVIS. Universities issuing I-20s have to enter international student information in the SEVIS database and this information is then accessed by US consulates worldwide. So If your university does not enter your information in the database, your visa may not be issued . In this case, inform the university and request them to enter your information in the SEVIS database.

Top Visa Interview Questions for Students:

  • Why have you chosen this university?
  • What do you plan to do after you graduate?
  • Who is paying for your education and what is his/her income?
  • How do I know you'll come back after your education?
  • Why don't you do this course in your country?
  • Do you have any relative in USA?
Sofware Companies
Contact Insurance Suresh for overseas travel and medical insurance.
Read Disclaimer.
Visa News Read The Latest US Consulate Website